It’s not much. Just sticky notes stuck to our pantry door – But it serves two important tasks:
It makes us laugh and….
Helps us remember.
Not to get too philosophical about a bunch of sticky notes full of the dumb and ridiculous things we say – but….laughing with someone creates a connection – a happy one, and that’s not a little thing.
And some of the things we say are just so US. I can read a quote, even one that I wasn’t in the room for, and know exactly who said it, and when.
So here are five favorites:
- “Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for my tent.” Big Pause. Opens eyes. “Wait! He didn’t give me my tent. Santa did!”
- “I’m trying to memorize Pi to the 39th power so I can calculate the mass of the known universe.” – because of course you are…
- While listening to a song about values…
Song – “Values are something you can’t touch – ”
Child “Like a poisonous frog! You should never touch a poisonous frog!”
- “Don’t I look like an old person wearing a cactus?”
- “What is this thing called future I keep hearing about?”
If you need an easy family tradition, grab some sticky notes.